Welcome to School of Health Sciences!
Message from the Dean
Welcome to the School of Health Sciences of Kenyatta University. Our vision is to become a Centre of Excellence in the training of Healthcare providers of all levels.
Establishment of the School
The School was established in August 2004 as a Centre of Excellence in Health Research, Capacity Building and Product Development and named School of Health Sciences. Its name was later changed to School of Medicine. It has grown rapidly and has seen the Public Health Component branch off to form the School of Public Health, the Pharmacy component form the School of Pharmacy and the Nursing component the School of Nursing.
Departments of the School
The School has fully established Departments, namely:
- Department of Human Anatomy
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Medical Microbiology & Parasitology
- Department of Psychiatry and Mental health
- Department of Medical Physiology
- Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Department of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Department of Medicine, Therapeutics, Dermatology and Psychiatry
- Department of General Surgery
- Department of Medical Surgical Nursing and Pre-clinical Services
- Department of Community and Reproductive Health Nursing
- Department of Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutical Chemistry And Pharmaceutics & Industrial Pharmacy
- Department Of Pharmacology And Clinical Pharmacy
- Department of Community Health and Epidemiology
- Department of Environmental & Occupational Health
- Department of Health Management and Informatics
- Department of Population, Reproductive Health & Community Resource Management
- Department of Food, Nutrition And Dietetics
- Department of Physical Education, Exercise & Sports Science
Programmes on Offer
The School offers the following approved programmes:
1. Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB).
2. BSc. Medical Laboratory Science.
3. MSc., Infectious Diseases.
4. Master of Medicine in Family Medicine.
5. Ph.D in different specialties of Medicine.
The mission of the School is to produce highly trained, competent and adaptable health care providers with acumen in health care provision in all settings.
To become a Centre of excellence in training of healthcare provider of all levels