Name: Dr. Edel Karau
Title/Qualification: MBChB, MMed Paediatrics and Child Health
Department: Paediatrics and Child Health
Contact Address: 73946-00200, Nairobi
Research Interests: Dermatology,Allergy,Child Health
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- October 2009- August 2012: Masters of Medicine in Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Nairobi
- October 2001 – November 2006: Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, University of Nairobi
- June 2017 – present: Lecturer, Department of Paediatrics & Child Health, Kenyatta University
- February 2017 – May 2017: Paediatrician, Kenyatta University, Directorate of University Health Services
- March 2015 January 2017: Paediatrician, AAR Roysambu Clinic
- January 2013 – January 2015: Paediatrician, Aga Khan University Hospital – Nairobi.
- December 2010 – December 2012: Part-time work attending to Paediatric patients at AAR clinic, George Williamson House, Nairobi.
- February 2008 – September 2009: Medical Officer, Thika District Hospital.
- January 2007 - January 2008: Medical Officer Intern, Kenyatta National Hospital.
- Karau E., Musoke R., Laving A., Rogena E., Attitude and Practice of Healthcare Providers towards Autopsies in Children under Five years at Kenyatta National Hospital. East African Medical Journal-Volume 93 No. 9 (2016)
- Oral presentation “Knowledge, attitude and practice of bereaved parents towards autopsies in children under 5 years at the Kenyatta National Hospital” at the 10th International Congress of Tropical Paediatrics held at the Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC) in August 2014.
- Oral presentation “Attitude and Practice of healthcare providers towards autopsies in children under 5 years at the Kenyatta National Hospital” at the 10th International Congress of Tropical Paediatrics held at the Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC) in August 2014.
- Oral presentation “Knowledge, attitude and practice of bereaved parents and attitude and practice of healthcare providers, towards autopsies in children under 5 years at the Kenyatta National Hospital” at a sensitization meeting for the KNH Paediatric respiratory disease autopsy study held at the Panafric hotel on the 20th June 2014.
- April 2017: Attended the 17th Annual Kenya Paediatric Association Scientific Conference in Kisumu.
- August 2014: Attended the 10th International Congress of Tropical Paediatrics held at the Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC).
- June 2013: Attended a conference on Transforming Health Professional’s Education organized by the Eastern Africa Health Professions Educators’ Association (EAHPEA), Aga Khan University and Anglia Ruskin University.
- June 2012: Attended the 13th annual Kenya Paediatric Association Scientific Conference where I was also the Chief rapporteur.
- Child Development Workshop held at Silver Springs Hotel Nairobi, in January 2020, organized by Eastern Africa Academy of Childhood Disability and Kenya Paediatric Association.
- June 2012: Attended the 10th annual Hot Topics in Infection and Immunity in Children at Keble College, University of Oxford after award of a bursary by the University of Oxford.
Community Service and Other Engagements
- Volunteer Grace Community Center Children’s Home, Kahawa West.
Affiliation of Professional Bodies
- Kenya Paediatric Association (KPA) – Member
- Kenya Medical Association (KMA) – Member
Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 March 2020 07:36