Holds a Master of Medicine degree in Paediatrics and Child Health from the University of Nairobi (UON, 2009-2012) and a Bachelors Degree in Medicine & Surgery (MBChB) from Moi University (1998-2004).
She is a Lecturer at the department of Paediatrics and Child Health at Kenyatta University. Her role is to teach, provide mentorship and supervise Medical students. She coordinates Student Evaluation of Lecturer program and Innovative Income Generating activities at the Paediatric Department.
She has been the head of Paediatrics and Child Health services at Tigoni District Hospital and supervised child health services at sub-county level as well as the training of medical officer interns, clinical officer interns and medical students on elective terms. Previously, she has been the Director of Health Services at Limuru Sub-County in Kiambu County and the Medical Superintendent Tigoni District Hospital from 2012 to 2015.
In 2013 to 2018, Dr Koech was an Adjunct faculty member for University of Nairobi Department of Paediatrics and Child Health . The responsibilities included teaching and provision of mentorship to post graduate and undergraduate students on elective term at Tigoni Satellite Faculty.
She has provided leadership, guidance, coordination and supervision in management of all matters that relate to health and health-related information products as well as monitoring and evaluation of the performance of the health sector at the Sub-County level.
She is a committed, dynamic, diligent, self driven, results-oriented team player willing to listen and learn. Has good interpersonal skills and has worked in diverse multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity. Has established and maintained contacts as well as relationship with governmental and non-governmental entities.
These credentials saw her receive an international Planetree Award 2014 which recognized her work in Patient Centered Care in Kenya.
- 2014:Caregivers Knowledge on Fever and the Home Treatment.East Africa Medical Journal PJ Koech, FE Onyango, C Jowi E.Afr. med. J. Vol 91, No 5 (2014).
A. Professional Bodies
- Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board (KMPDB)
- Kenya Paediatrics Association (KPA)
- Kenya Medical association (KMA)
- Alumni of Moi University and University of Nairobi.
B. Other duties .
- Member Board of Management, The Kenya High School 2019-2021
- PTA executive member -The Kenya High School. 2018 to date.
- Secretary to Board of Governors-Tigoni District Hospital.( 2012-2015)
- Ex- officio Member of the Board of Governors- PCEA- Kikuyu Mission Hospital and Nazareth Hospitals- Kiambu County.
- Member of Board of Governors- Chemamul High School – Kericho County. (2011-2014)
Last Updated on Monday, 09 March 2020 08:38