Message from the Dean
Welcome to the School of Medicine of Kenyatta University. Our vision is to become a Centre of Excellence in training of Healthcare providers of all levels.
Establishment of the School
The School was established in August 2004 as a Centre of Excellence in Health Research, Capacity Building and Product Development and named School of Health Sciences. Its name was later changed to School of Medicine. It has grown rapidly and has seen the Public Health Component branch off to form the School of Public Health, the Pharmacy component form the School of Pharmacy and the Nursing component the School of Nursing.
Departments of the School
The School has ten fully established Departments, namely:
1. Human Anatomy.
2. Medical Physiology.
3. Medical Microbiology and Parasitology
4. Surgery & Orthopaedics.
5. Medicine, Therapeutics, Dermatology & Psychiatry.
6. Paediatrics & Child Health.
7. Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
8. Community Health (under School of Public Health).
9. Medical Biochemistry (under School of Pure & Applied Sciences)
10. Medical Laboratory Science.
11. Clinical Radiology And Imaging Services
12. Internal Medicine
14. Orthopadeics and Traumatology
Programmes on Offer
The School offers the following approved programmes:
1. Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB).
2. BSc. Medical Laboratory Science.
3. MSc., Infectious Diseases.
4. Master of Medicine in Family Medicine.
5. Ph.D in different specialties of Medicine.
The mission of the School is to produce highly trained, competent and adaptable health care providers with acumen in health care provision in all settings.
To become a Centre of excellence in training of healthcare provider of all levels
Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 May 2020 10:16